WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Francesca Kingsley Photography may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- In addition for weddings extra details such as the venue, timings, guests and shots required will also be collected. This data will be destroyed no more than 6 months after the wedding date. This information is collected in order for the Photographer to carry out the job effectively;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your correspondence and communications with Francesca E Kingsley Photography; and
- the ages of children if a family or child portrait is booked, so that the shoot can be tailored to the child. This data will not be kept on file after the shoot.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you send an email to the company. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Francesca E Kingsley Photography uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to verify your identity;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
Your personal data is never sold to Third Parties, it is only used for the purpose of fulfilling the job, and for legal records.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Francesca E Kingsley Photography is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- External Password Protected Databases (Changed on a 90 day rotation) – non internet connected, and stored in a secure manner.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Francesca E Kingsley Photography will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
Payment will always be via a secure payment system such as Paypal, or in person.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety when using my private client gallery.
only share the password with trusted friends and family you want to access the gallery
If you think the password has been shared with someone you do not want to have access, immediately inform the company and this can be changed.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
LEGAL BASIS FOR FRANCESCA E KINGSLEY PHOTOGRAPHY PROCESSING CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA
Francesca E Kingsley Photography collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to marketing communications to customers via direct and indirect methods, including but not exhaustively Social Media Channels, Websites, Trade Shows and Email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Francesca E Kingsley Photography, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Francesca E Kingsley Photography; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers and suppliers
Updated 23rd May 2018